Thursday, May 23, 2013

Twenty Thousand Roads Chapter Five: Feel Again





Hades/Kavanagh Residence
Present Day

Branna

As we rode down in the elevator, I noticed Ciaran kept looking over at me. Little looks, almost shy.  Finally, he held my gaze for more than a second. “What’s up, you act like you’ve never seen a girl in a dress before.”

“No, I’ve never seen YOU in a dress before.” he replied. “I got the feeling last night that it wasn’t quite your thing.”


I shrugged. “Usually that’s true.” I laughed a bit self-consciously. “I mean, I’m not a slob or anything, I like to be feminine and all that, but I guess I associate dresses with special occasions...”

Way to go, Kavanagh. Slap yourself now. Hard.

“Not that this isn’t special, it’s just...” Ciaran smiled and put his hand on my shoulder. “It’s okay, I know what you meant. Weddings and funerals, eh?”


Relieved, I exhaled hard. “Exactly. I’m so glad you got what I meant.” I leaned back against the elevator wall. “But it’s not as if this dress is uncomfortable or something. Ricky picked it out for me.”


Ciaran’s smile grew a little wider as he looked me up and down. It wasn’t in a lecherous way, more...admiring? I suppose.  I’d always been used to guys in my age group not knowing how to express admiration towards females without looking like they were about to go rub one out.  Ciaran just looked like he was appreciating me. I liked it. It made me feel...pretty.


“I’ll need to thank Ricky for that. But I get the feeling you’re beautiful no matter what you choose to wear.”

The elevator opened at the ground floor then. Good thing too, since I was on the verge of jumping him and letting him have my body pretty much any way he wanted.
 
Ciaran

Oddly enough, her nervousness set me at ease. It was such a startling departure from the take-no-crap brawler from the night before.  But it served to give her even more dimension. And besides that, it was incredibly endearing.  It made me want to hug her and kiss her pink cheeks and tell her there was nothing to be nervous about, that I liked her already, and that I had a good feeling about her and I.

I didn’t though, fearing she might find me too pushy or worse, too weird. I settled instead for taking her hand and leading her to my car. 

When we got there, I opened the door for her. She looked a little surprised at first, but then she smiled and got into the passenger side.  Made me kind of wonder what kind of fellas she’d been dating before me. I thought that kind of gesture was pretty much standard. Once I made sure she was settled, I got into the driver’s side.  Before I started the car, I looked over at her. The moonlight bounced off her pale skin and made her almost seem to glow. Her black hair tumbled over her shoulders in silky, slightly unkempt waves. Her lips were touched with a soft pink gloss.

At that moment I was almost completely overwhelmed with the desire to kiss her. Not go anywhere, just sit there and kiss her until our lips were swollen and we were totally breathless.  I started the car instead.

We were quiet as I pulled out into traffic, but she finally spoke when we got moving. “So, did you have a hard time adjusting to driving here?”


I chuckled. “Not really. Compared to most of Ireland, driving here is pretty easy.”


“No roundabouts here.”

“You’ve been to Ireland, Branna?”

She looked at me like I was thick for a second. “Of course I have. We went to Galway every summer when I was growing up, but we stopped once the oldest ones got out of high school. My parents still go.”


I pulled the car up in front of the restaurant.  Branna’s eyes got wide when she saw we were at Constantine, one of the hottest restaurants in the city.  Reservations had to usually be made weeks, even months in advance.


“Dude, this is Constantine.”


“Yes.”


“How the hell did you manage to get into Constantine?”


I got out of the car and came around to her side and opened her door. “I’m friendly with one of the chefs.”  Her face registered confusion first, then the realization came over her. “Finn?”


I nodded. “The one and only.”


She grinned as I walked with her towards the hostess area. “Must be nice to have friends in high places.”


When I told Finn I had asked Branna out, he told me, “Be at Constantine at 8. Leave the rest to me. The head chef owes me a favor and I’m going to cash it in on you two. Feel special, wanker.” I did, especially when all I had to do was go to the desk, say my name, and we were led to an outside table facing the water.

It's been a long time comin' since I've seen your face
I've been everywhere and back tryin' to replace
everything I've had until my feet went numb
Praying like a fool that's been on the run
Heart's still beating but it's not working
It's like a million dollar phone that just can't ring
I reached out tried to love but I feel nothing
Yeah, my heart is numb. 


“Are you sure you’re not secretly a high roller?” Branna asked as she took in the place in.

“I swear I’m not. I’m just lucky to know someone with a wee bit of influence.”

 I got back to what we were discussing in the car. “And what was your favorite place in Galway?”


She smiled a bit wistfully and looked towards the water. “Inishmore.”


Inishmore was one of the Aran Islands, a land mass off the coast of Galway. One could only get there by ferry boat. It possesses landscapes of Limestone rock, a stretch of cliffs facing the Atlantic, large boulders, rock formations, and beautiful beaches. The islands are also an incredible outdoor museum of religious and cultural artifacts.  I had also spent a lot of time there.


“Black Fort?”


Her mouth dropped open. “That’s my favorite place on the island. How did you know?”


“Lucky guess I suppose.  I’m presuming that you were the type that liked to climb the cliffs and pretend she was an ancient conqueror.”


“You know me so well.”

The server came by then with a bottle of red wine and two glasses. "Chef Byrne said to let you know that he personally will be handling your dinner tonight and not to worry about a thing." She poured us two glasses and left. Branna picked up the glass and took a sip. "Damn, that's good. I'm no expert, but that is not something you get at Trader Joe's. So...CHEF Byrne, huh?"

I chuckled as I tasted the wine for myself. She was right, it was really, really good. " Eh, I let him have his titles and whatever he wants here. At home he's usually addressed as 'Hey plonker' so I'll allow him his dignity at work. He's earned it."


At that point Finn popped out the kitchen door. Branna's back was to him, so he of course took the opportunity to wave and make several pelvic thrusts and arse-slapping gestures in her general direction to watch me squirm and not try to react. Mercifully, he laughed and went back into the kitchen.  Branna took another sip of her wine and watched me over the rim of her glass with those amazing wide blue eyes.

“Would you ever go back?” I asked her.


"To Ireland? Oh, in a heartbeat. Not really in a place where it’s financially feasible. But yeah, I’ll get back eventually. How about you?”


“When I’m able to, usually in summer.  My mam still lives in Galway City so I like to spend time with her. I’m her only child, so it means a lot to her. To me as well.”


“If you don’t mind my asking, did you have a father?”


“You can ask me anything. And Branna, we all have fathers.”


“You know what I mean, smart-ass. But if it’s sensitive, I...”


“No, no. It’s alright. My father died in 1952.”

“So he wasn’t...”


“A vampire? No, he was human. I’m a hybrid, angel.”

That endearment came out of my mouth before I could stop it. I guess it was what I was thinking. If she noticed, she didn’t say anything.

The food started arriving at that point, and by the time we got to dessert I was ready to offer to permanently pay Finn's half of the rent, I was so grateful to him.  It started with an endive and honey apple salad, then filet mignon with roasted tomatoes and pomme frites. The dessert was a chocolate panna cotta that damn near had Branna sliding out of her chair.

"Man, I think I need to have Finn come live with me so he can cook for us all the time. That was all amazing."

I smiled. "Finn doesn't even cook much for ME. He tends to leave his work at work so I'm usually fending for myself. Do you cook?"

"I do, actually. Mom liked to make that a group activity so I kind of learned by watching her. And she let us do things other than just lick a spoon or something."

The server came and cleared our dessert plates then, so I reached over and took both her hands. 

But with you
I can feel again
Yeah with you
I can feel again 

"Tell me about her."

"God, where do I start? Well, she's never worked outside the house, but she always seems busy, you know? Their house is right on the edge of town, near the school, actually..."

"The big blue Victorian?"

"That's the one."

"Wow, I see that house every day from my classroom window. I had no idea that's where you grew up."

"Yeah. Mom and Dad and Gran are still there. But growing up, sometimes it almost seemed rural, mostly because Mom keeps a chicken coop and has a garden bigger than my bedroom. That's how she's always kept busy."

"Your mam keeps chickens?"

"For the eggs. I've never bought eggs in my entire life."

The server came by with the check then. I looked at it and it was radically discounted. I probably should have been paying twice what they were charging me.  Another thing to be grateful to Finn for. I put my debit card in it and left it for the server.   I reached for her hands again. They were soft and silky and warm to the touch. I stroked the tops of her fingers with my thumbs. "What about your father?"



"Daddy is a police captain. Lots of bureaucratic stuff, but he loves it. He oversees the Vice detectives. They have a lot of colorful stories."

"I can imagine. When did your parents come here?"

"1980.  I was born in 1987. Gran came here when I was two, after my grandfather died. She wanted a change of scenery."  Mindful of what Ricky had told me earlier, I didn't press the topic any further.  "And they had how many kids?"

"Four. Brendan, Sinead, Sean, and me. Sean lives with Ricky and me. He's in the military, so he keeps earlier hours. He's away this week on maneuvers"

"Does he look like you?"

"Same eyes and mouth. His hair is much lighter.  Brendan, Sinead and I have black hair."

"And what do they do?"

For the briefest of seconds, I saw something flicker in her eyes. Almost looked like a sort of melancholy; but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was. It passed before I could even remark on it, though.  

"Sinead is a nurse. Brendan...is a cop like Daddy."

The server came back with the receipt then.  I scribbled my name at the bottom and put my debit card back in my wallet. Then I stood up and held out my hand to Branna to help her up. "Where would you like to go next, angel?"

She tilted her head slightly, allowing a bit of hair to fall over her eyes as she looked up at me. It made me want to just ask if we could go back to my apartment and let the chips fall where they may.  But as you likely guessed, I didn't do that.

"I know a great place. Ricky and I go there all the time."

"Lead the way, then."

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me... 
Branna

The place was a combination comic book shop/cafe/arcade called Container Stacks. Ricky and I had been going there ever since it opened. We had both become acquainted with the owner, a guy about our age named Jasper Lochlan.  I looked around for him when we went in, but I didn't see him. Just as well, I thought he had a crush on Ricky anyway.

I had figured that, after spending a few hours at a place as exclusive as Constantine, that it would be a good palate cleanser for us. 

When he asked about my siblings, I almost didn't know what to say, so I just kept it to the most basic. What could I say to someone who was taking me out on a date that he'd obviously pulled out all the stops on? "My cop brother got shot in the head when he was called to a domestic, and by the way, my grandmother that you idolize has Alzheimer's?"

Someday. But not then. Besides, admitting it out loud to anyone other than Ricky would have meant admitting it to myself.

Ciaran spotted a crane machine in the corner. "Let me see if I can get you something!"  He was as excited as a little kid.  It made me feel butterflies again. No guy had ever been that eager to get me something, even just a goofy stuffed animal.  



"Alright Branna, I can't say I fancy myself an expert, but I've had good luck with these things before," he said as he put a couple quarters in. Gah, that accent.

"Ah, so you do this for the ladies often?"

He gave me a sideways glance and a smile that made me ache between the legs. "Only you, Branna."

He set his sights on a pink stuffed rabbit. "Okay, I'm aiming for that one."  Carefully, he guided the crane towards it and lowered it down, opening the crane's claws. When he pushed the button, it picked up the toy easily, but the trick, of course, was getting it to drop through the chute.  "Moment of truth." Slowly, he turned the handle and we both held our breath as it inched, bit by bit, towards the chute. Then with a quick hand, he got it over the chute and it dropped down. He pulled it out of the machine. "A gift for you, angel."

I smiled at him and held the rabbit against my chest. "I love it, but I'm hardly an angel."  Gently, he stroked my cheek. "I think you underestimate yourself. Don't. In any event, I suppose it's okay to have a little of the devil in ya too, eh?"

So many double entendre's could have been said in response to that, but I just kissed his cheek to thank him instead.

We spent time walking around the place, looking at comics and playing some of the video games when they were available. He was quite adept at a lot of them, but I suppose considering his age he'd probably had a lot of time to practice.

It started to get a little crowded, so we went outside to the basketball hoops. I picked up a ball and started dribbling it. "You play?" he asked me, picking up a ball of his own.


I took aim and tossed from the free throw line. The ball swished neatly through the hoop. "A little bit."

"Perfect free throw in heels. Is there no end to your talent, Miss Kavanagh?"  I shrugged. "Dunno. You feeling competitive?"  He didn't reply, just took my place at the free throw line. His ball, unfortunately, bounced off the hoop. "Ooh, sucks to be you."

It was on from there. After the first miss, he got better, but wasn't really a match for me. But I had the advantage of my father and brothers having taught me, so there was that too. He wasn't bad overall. 


The staff announced they would be closing in ten minutes. Ciaran looked at me and said, "Alright, one last shot. I can't let you make me feel totally emasculated."

"Do your best, Irish Boy."

He took aim and shot...it went in perfectly.


"Yes! I am redeemed in my own eyes and content in my masculinity!" I put my ball back on the rack. "Go ahead and brag, I still win."

I could see what looked like a mental debate going on in his hazel eyes. Then he moved closer to me, holding my gaze intently.


"I suppose you deserve a reward," he said in a low voice.  

Before I could react, he'd pulled me into his arms and his lips crashed into mine fiercely. With a sigh of contentment, I opened my mouth to receive his tongue.  It was like the whole world around us had faded. 

But with you
I feel again
Yeah with you
I can feel again


Ciaran

Her hand rested on my knee on the drive back to her apartment. Every so often she would look over at me and smile. When we got to a red light, I leaned over and kissed her until the driver behind us honked to indicate the light had changed to green.

When we got to her door, I pulled her into my arms and kissed her hard, my tongue relentlessly invading her mouth. She kissed me back just as hard, winding her arms around my neck as I reached up and wove my fingers through her silky hair that I'd been dying to touch all night. 

"God, Branna," I whispered, feeling myself getting harder and harder as her tongue traced the outline of my lips."

"I'm not quite God, but I might make you see God if you wanted."  With a groan, I pulled her head back gently and left a trail of kisses along the pale column of her neck. I moved back up, kissing and licking her jawline before returning to her lips. God, those lips. I could only imagine the things she could do with them, and the notion made my cock push almost painfully against my jeans.

I pushed her up against the wall and lifted her so her legs were around my waist. It was almost becoming a battle as she grabbed my hair and kissed me with a power and authority I hadn't felt in a long time. Turning her head slightly, she sucked my earlobe into her mouth and I nearly exploded on the spot as she began to nibble and lick it. My ears are one of my more sensitive areas. Our pelvises ground against one another and she let out a soft whimper indicating that she was as turned on as I was.  

"Ciaran...I want you..." she said in a low growl. It was the sexiest thing I'd heard in ages. The door was right next to us, barely a foot away. I could easily reach over, open it up, and take her into her bedroom where we could fuck, twisting our bodies into contortions as yet unknown until the sun rose up over the water.  

"Branna...angel...I want you too...but..."

I set her back down, but didn't let her go. I planted soft kisses on her cheeks and lips as I talked. "I can't even begin to tell you how much I want you right now...but I don't want you to look back and think I took advantage of you this night."

She looked a bit confused. "But I said I wanted you..." I kissed her gently. "I know, I know you did. And like I said angel, I want you too.  I just don't ever want you thinking that this was a race to see how fast I could get you into bed. I want us to know each other more, to make it more special. Do you understand?"  She nodded, but looked sad. "It isn't me, is it?" she asked quietly. She wasn't standing completely straight, obviously as weak in the knees as I was, leaning against the wall to support herself.  I tilted her chin up.

"Angel, in a million years it could never ever be you. It's me. I want you to feel special because you are special. And yeah, I know we just met, but I have a good feeling about us. Do you feel it?"

"Yeah."

"Then will you just humor me a little?" She nodded again and I kissed her hard and held her tightly. "Branna I don't want to leave but it's very late and you need to sleep."  With a sigh, she pulled her keys out of her purse and put them in the lock before turning back to me. "Ciaran, I had an amazing time tonight. Thank you."

"You're welcome. Consider it the first of many." I helped her open the door and kissed her one last time. "I'll call you tomorrow, angel."  She smiled sweetly and winked before closing the door.

Now I had an entire elevator and car ride to try to eliminate my erection. 



When I got into my own bedroom, I flopped down into the chair by my bed. Jaysus it was hard to leave her. I didn't want to and now I was left frustrated because I needed to be fucking noble.

I hadn’t been in a serious relationship with a woman in nearly forty years. In the time since, there had been relationships that came and went, short term flings, passings in the night, pretty distractions that I turned to when the physical need became too difficult to deal with. It wasn’t intimacy, not in the least. It was just sex with a dash of occasional companionship thrown in.  In the past three years, there had been no one. Women had expressed interest, flirted, even got aggressive on occasion.  I turned them all down. Finn gave some of them a ride.


I wanted something serious again, something real and powerful. Something that would make me want to wake up every morning with a smile on my face. I was settled in my life: my career was the way I wanted it to be, I lived in a city I loved, I wanted someone to share it all with.  I got through those three years with a lot of self-pleasuring and the knowledge that I’d know her when I saw her.

You can gain a lot of insight in 111 years of life, and I knew it was Branna from the second I laid my eyes on her. 

Sighing, I got up and unbuttoned my shirt. I removed it and tossed it over on my desk chair. I changed into my track pants and tried to sleep. It was useless. All I could think about was her. Being with her, wanting her, wanting to touch her, kiss her, make love to her. Picturing her beautiful nude body wrapped around me.  Ugh. I snapped on the lights and got out of bed.

I stared at the door to my room for eons. I don't know why, maybe I was mentally willing it to open and for Branna to come in ready to ravage me? I could feel my cock again growing hard at the thought of plunging into her hot wet center and having her ride me until she was screaming my name. 

I was exhausted but the erotic images kept flooding my mind and I knew I had to do something so I could sleep.

It had served me well the past three years, I guessed another night wouldn't hurt.

I laid back down and slid my hand down my track pants. I took my cock into my hand and began to stroke it up and down, gently at first, then faster, stroking up and down the shaft with attention to the head. Obviously I had enough experience to know my own body and what it took to get me off when I was alone.  

It felt good, really really good. It wasn't Branna, but it would do.


Speaking of, her image assaulted my mind as I stroked myself. A soft moan escaped me as I thought about her full lips taking the place of my hand. My arousal grew even more at the notion of it. Would she be good at it? Probably. 


I thought about how she would taste, how my tongue would glide along her soft folds until I found that one sweet spot in the center that would make her shake and moan in ecstasy. 

Heat flushed through my body as my hand moved faster and faster until finally with a moan that was much louder than I'd anticipated, I came hard and the hot liquid spilled over my hand and my stomach. 

I couldn't move for what seemed like ages, until the once hot liquid had turned cold. Finally, I reached over to the box of kleenex on my nightstand and cleaned myself off.  The first tiny hints of daylight were coming in through the windows. 

I sighed, contented for the moment. I thought of Branna.  And finally, I slept.



I woke up at about eleven and the first thought in my mind was Branna. I wanted to hear her voice. I knew it was probably not good etiquette, but I really didn't care. I just wanted to talk to her.




The phone rang three times and then she picked up. "Hello..." she murmured sleepily.


"Did I wake you, angel?" I asked her. 

"It's okay, I was kind of in and out. I had a hard time falling asleep. Someone left me a little frustrated."

I laughed. "You'll be pleased to know you weren't alone there."

"So uh...how did you finally get to sleep then? Same way I did?"

"How did you know?"

"Lucky guess. Did you enjoy it?"

"Yes, but probably not as good as being with you. Branna I know I'm probably being pushy but I'd like to see you again tonight."



"I'd like that. But don't you have to work tomorrow?"

"I do, so it couldn't be really late, but I'd still like to regardless."

I could hear the smile in her voice as she replied. "Why don't you come hang with Ricky and I tonight? We'll be watching Game of Thrones. Ricky's heard rumors that we'll get to see Robb Stark's bare ass this week so it should be quite an evening for him."

I could feel myself grinning widely to no one in particular. "I'll be there, angel."

A little wiser now
From what you showed me
Yeah, I feel again
Feel again

Song: "Feel Again" by OneRepublic




16 comments:

  1. I don't know how either of them put on the breaks. Honestly I would have been going at it in the hall. :D

    That was a great date. Finn was awesome to pull out all the stops like that for her! It's great that each of them have close friends like that.

    So Flaky um, she hasn't quite grieved for her brother it would seem. Either that or she likes living in denial. To say IS instead of WAS was very telling with where she is in her life. I understand that the death of a sibling isn't best first date convo, but I think it's more she likes to not acknowledge her brother is dead. It was the same way when it came to her grandmother. :(

    Ok so Ciaran has been celibate for 3 years? WOW um just WOW. That first time out is gonna be a doozy for sure then!!! He's been waiting for the right one to come along and its been a 3 year wait. Let me makes sure I have lots of ice water around when I read that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, if it had been me I would have been like, "Nope, uh-uh, pants off now."

      The idea for having the date as it was was mostly because I have Finn in game as a chef, so I thought, well why not have him a chef at an exclusive place, and he gets them in? This is how my mind works.

      It's true, she THINKS she's grieved, but she really hasn't. At least, not in the sense that she can openly acknowledge that he's gone to anyone other than family and Ricky. Remember in Chapter 3, when she said she suddenly found herself crying at inopportune times? It's because she holds things in. It's gotta come out somehow.

      Yes, three years with just his right hand to love him. Suffice it to say the first time will likely blow the roof off the place. :P

      Delete
  2. Wow...I liked this a lot, everything felt so real and the way you write it, amazing. Ciaran, what a gentleman♥
    Lovely, lovely chapter <333 loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Vupii! I'm honored that you come to read my work.

      Delete
  3. *giggle* Special occasions, indeed. Rub one out...that made me laugh. Haven't heard that one in awhile.

    Oh, I wish we had Trader Joe's wine in our store. But nooooo. Stupid Tennessee outlaws wine and liquor in grocery stores. hmph.

    I can picture Finn so easily doing pelvic thrusts behind Branna's back to make Ciaran squirm. Too funny.

    His Mam? Mother? or grandmother? Has to be grandmother if he's 111 years old, right? Unless she's a vampire too I guess, didn't think of that. Oh, right. I get it now. His father was human and he's a hybrid, so his mother is a vampire then. Hm. I kind of wish Ciaran did take her home and, ah, let the chips fall where they may :P

    OH gods, that was some hot hallway humping, lol. That door must have been quite a temptation, especially when she said she wanted him. But good on him for wanting to start out the right away. And oh boy. Ciaran's self pleasuring was awesome :P I knew immediately that Branna was at home making use of BOB.

    Great chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Branna tends to talk like a guy much of the time. She's not crude per se, just tells it like it is, without pretense and occasionally without tact. She means well, though.

    Ugh, no wine at your Trader Joe's? That's the main reason I brave the crowds to go there!

    Finn is very much a free spirit. While he totally understands Ciaran's motivations for his three year celibacy, he can't help but occasionally bust his chops for it. They've known each other for many decades now, and Finn is probably the closest person in the world to Ciaran, save for his mother.

    "Mam" is how many Irish say "Mom." And yes, she's a vampire, his father was human and chose not to be turned.

    Trust me, he wanted to take her home. But his rationale is that he doesn't want her to look back on them having sex and regret that they rushed into it. But it's difficult, as they are obviously wildly attracted to one another. Don't worry though, there won't be too much of a wait. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet date! I loved how Ciaran opened the door for Branna. What a gentleman! Chivalry is not dead after all, and it definitely distinguishes a keeper from a loser. I also love how Finn was the chef at the restaurant, and he hooked Ciaran up. And I totally cracked up at him putting Ciaran on the spot with the imaginary air-hump and ass slap. lol Good thing Branna didn't see. And if she did, she probably would have just shook her head. The descriptions of the appetizer and main course made my mouth water. Yummers!

    I like how these two are taking their time to get to know each other, and we are getting a better glimpse of their family history. Clearly there's an attraction, but like Ciaran said, he has a good feeling about them, and there's no need to rush things. Okay, so the kiss between them was hot, and I totally didn't expect them to grope other on the first date, but I don't blame them at all! They've been wanting to jump each other all night! I thought it was really sweet and thoughtful of Ciaran to stop and make it a special night for Branna to remember. I know that was super hard for him (bahaha pun intended), but in the long run, he made the right choice. But I totally did not expect him to wank off afterwards! And it was super hot too. :P

    Awwww, and he called her the same morning, wanting to see her again :) Perhaps they can finally jump each other on the second date? Or at least some dry hump action. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ciaran, being 111 years old and all, is pretty old school when it comes to chivalry. His mama taught him right.

      Yeah, the moment they met there was definitely a spark of physical attraction and they kind of went a little wild that first night. Branna hasn't felt this for a guy pretty much ever so yeah, she had a hard time controlling herself.

      Trust me, Ciaran was kicking himself a little for being so damn honorable, but at the same time he didn't want her to feel like they'd rushed into something, in spite of what her body was telling her. I guess with age comes foresight.

      I was a little nervous about writing the wanking part (just ask Mica!)but in the end I think it made sense. Sometimes you just gotta be your own best friend.

      Thanks for reading, Lyn!

      Delete
  6. Ciaran already started the date off with a bang. I really love the way he admired but didn't drool as he noticed her dress. It was very cute. They have real chemistry and it's such a fun thing to read as they find their way together. The car door thing is so true and funny! But I've been with my hubs for nearly 8yrs and he still opens my door!

    Finn is hilarious and sweet! I was imagining what he was doing and Ciaran trying his best not to react! HAHA! But damn I'm about to kidnap his ass because that meal sounded amazing. I totally understand how he wouldn't want to cook at home though. I dated a chef like that too. I only got "special occasion" meals.

    Lots of fun learning about their familiar histories and sad also. Ciaran noticed the change in her when she mentioned her siblings and then there was the hesitation to talk about Brendan. I can understand how she doesn't want to admit that he's dead (and maybe didn't want to think about it on the date and ruin the evening). But the way she speaks about him is as though he's still alive and that's not good. It's like she hasn't admitted it to herself yet.

    The hallway kiss...WOW. If that's a preview of things to come then I just KNOW that'll be one explosive chapter. And Ciaran helping himself along was very pleasing as well. I thought it was cute they both admitted to masturbating on the morning phone call. It's like they aren't really dating in the sense that they don't know each other. It's like an old couple that still has fun together and know one another really well. You know that comfort level that says "Doesn't matter what I say or do you will find it endearing because it's me." And that is something hard to come by. I can't wait to see what's next for them :)

    P.S. Sorry I'm late to the party. I usually read stories as soon as they pop on my dash but I remember now that yours still shows chapter one for some reason. I don't get the update notice so I'll have to be better about checking your blog. I'm gonna look more into that and figure out if there's something that can help ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I think that we all have people that we feel chemistry with, but are not necessarily compatible with. Then you have folks like these two, who not only are coming out of the gate pretty compatible, but have chemistry through the roof.

      I love Finn too. He and Ciaran are roughly the same age, but Finn is infinitely more exuberant, while Ciaran is much more introspective. They complement each other well. Yeah, I've also know a few chefs in my time and most of them refuse to cook in their off hours if they can avoid it.

      You're right, she doesn't want to admit Brendan is gone. I mean, intellectually she knows he's gone, but in her heart, she desperately still wants to believe it's not true. Ciaran will find out eventually and it will be a big moment for them.

      Trust me, he was regretting being honorable, but he knows himself well enough to know if they had gone ahead and did it that night, he would have regretted rushing her into it.

      I'm glad you picked up on the compatibility. My guy and I were a lot like that in that we had an instant comfort level. I guess I'm trying to replicate that here.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Rawwr, Ciaran! How the fuck did they do that self control thing? I totally would have said screw nobility, I know you like me Ciaran, just do me now, you sexy boy. LMAO.
    Woo this chapter was HAWT, in so many ways. LOL. Ciaran shirtless, the self-pleasuring. Haha. It is so adorable that Ciaran has been looking for something serious, I went awww at that part. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you'd be happy to see a shirtless Ciaran! And trust me, Branna was on the verge of saying that to him!

      Yeah, Ciaran definitely wants the real thing; he's waited long enough.

      Thank you so much for reading!

      Delete
  8. This has been a great date for these two and we have learned that he's a half-bred! Maybe it is something that slipped by me though, I've always wondered what kind of vampire he was. These two do have great chemistry though...they should just have sex, no one would blame them!

    Also, I don't know how to follow this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, Aeon. I suppose I should have done my vamp research, but I guess he'd be sanguine? Not sure. I never intended for it to be the main focus of things so I never really set it in stone.

      Rest assured, the sex is on it's way!

      And I will set up a followers section too. I'm still learning all this stuff.

      Thanks for sticking with me!

      Delete
  9. Oh, but he's NOT in your age group... and things only get better with age...
    What is it about elevators?
    We're getting more and more roundabouts here. The IDIOTS don't know how to use them properly and wind up treating it like a four-way stop, wondering why I honk at them. OMFG if there's no one in it, GO! If there is DON"T! They DON"T stop at a stop sign (not really), they treat yield like a merge, and .... oh I could go on. Sorry for my rant.
    Oh Finn, Finn, Finn... Why am I not surprised you would do that to our Ciaran? There he is, trying to act all sophisticated and sweet and you have to go and make lewd gestures at him just to see if he'll react. funny.
    'angel' *dies*
    She could've told him about her brother's death, but I guess she didn't want to be a downer. Plus, I gather she's a very private person.
    okay, she just explained it.
    Basketball in a dress. Fun.
    Didn't want to pause there at the end to dash over to this tab and comment. Wow. Mmmmmkay. At least he was honest about it to himself. :)

    ReplyDelete